Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Fifty Something becomes Sixty Something

     I hit the big 6-0 this year.  Many of my friends had slight depressions leaving their fifties behind. Me not so much.  I earned 60.  I raised my kids to be kind caring adults. I made it through the scouts, drama club, chorus events, sports events, and various other school activities.  We put three kids through college, and have seen them all find jobs, buy homes, and succeed. Kirk and I made good choices over the years so he was able to retire early. 

     I get to spend time with my 82 year old mother and my 7 month old granddaughter.

     I published my first novel, A Gift of Grace, and have been busy marketing.  I am truly blessed.  Were there trials along the way, absolfreakinglutley, but they made me stronger.  

     The old adage, what doesn’t kill me makes me stronger, is so true.  There were nights when I was awake staring at the ceiling wondering if things would work out.  What I came to understand is if it isn’t a health issue, then most things will pass.

So my friends, 60 is here.  We deserve our time.  Enjoy and be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment